This time we had Cloud Cookies made by IBM:)
Let’s check the agenda!
Unfortunately I arrived a bit late, around 11am, so I missed the first presentation: “Arrow – Commvault”. After the coffee break, the next session was:
10:50 – 11:20 – IBM
Előadó: Pál Ferenc / IBM Cloud üzletág technológiai vezető, Délkelet-Európa
Előadás címe: VMware IBM Cloud-on
IBM offers the followings in pay-as-you go or subscription model:
- vSphere: only compute virtualization
- vCenter: compute and storage virtualization (vSAN)
- VMware Cloud Foundation: full SSDC: compute, storage and network virtualization (NSX)
Migration is to/from the cloud/on prem pretty easy.
11:20 – 11:50 – DimensionData-Netapp
Előadó: Varga Gyula (Dimension Data)
Előadás címe: Felhő, de ésszel
Gyula and DimensionData have several years experience in system integration with VMware products. He talked about the evaluation/planning/migration to the cloud processes and shared some useful tips and tricks. There was a great checklist, so I took a photo about that:)
It is important that during the migration the IT needs to be also standardized and homogenized with automated workflows.
11:50 – 12:20 – Arrow – Veeam
Előadó: Varsányi András
Előadás címe: A „hiper-rendelkezésre állás” harmadik eljövetele – Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 u3
Andras has shared with us a couple of new things from the VEEAM. With the latest 9.5 U3 the followings were introduced:
- Build-in agent management – The previous solution (called Endpoint Backup) is now fully integrated into the B&R, so it can be deployed remotely.
- More integration with storage snapshots
- Veeam ONE: Agent monitoring and reporting released.
And other additional new 9.5 U3 features can be found here for B&R and here for Veeam ONE.
One more thing at the end of the pretension: Andras has mentioned that an official Veeam application for Android will be released soon.
12:20 – 13:00 – Ebéd / Lunch
The catering was good. During the break I have tried the htc VIVE, which was unbelievable amazing. Previously I had experience only with the Samsung Gear VR, and also with the Google VR, but those cannot be compered with the VIVE. I played with a demo as a car repair. That was fun. Also the Google Earth was beautiful.
Then I had other things to do, so I skipped the presentation of Clico – Palo Alto and the half of the TechData-DellEMC.
13:30 – 14:00 – TechData-DellEMC
Előadó: Módly Zoltán
Előadás címe: Megújult a VxRail – Hyperconverged megoldások a Dell EMC-től
Zoltan showed us the new VxRAIL nodes from Dell-EMC. More details are here.
14:00 – 14:30 – VMware
Előadó: Czuczumanov Valentin
Előadás címe: Hírek, érdekességek és újdonságok a VMware háza tájáról
VMworld: Call for papers has started.
Then a couple of recent acquisitions were presented, such as:
- Velocloud, which is a software-defined WAN solution
- Cloud Coreo, which is an infrastructure stack cloud/hosts/app security solution
- Cloud Velox, which is an automation migration solution between DC/cloud/intra DC
- Apteligent, which delivers answers to ongoing mobile business problems.
- Wavefront, which is a cloud-native monitoring and analytics solution.
New versions / New Products
- VMware Pulse IoT Center: IoT device management
- NSX 6.4: DFW upto L7, HTML5 vSphere Client,
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager (vRSLCM)
- Horizon 7.4: Session collab, Instant-Clone Support for Linux, H264 high color accuracy. For more check the Release Notes.
14:30 – 15:00 – Közösségi előadás
Előadó: Kiss Tibor
Előadás címe: Log management and analytics by VMware LogInsight
Tibor talked about the Log Management with Log Insight: motivations, plan, setup, workflows, content packs.
There is a Google Sheet calculator where you can plan properly your LI infrastructure. Tibor said, that we can count with 150 MB/ day / ESXi host. If you later plan to expand your LI with an additional node to create a cluster, then after the installation set the vIP. With the Log Insight we will be able to get an overview for example about the snapshots: Who did on which VM?
With Content Packs we can integrate another virtualized or bare metal server / network components. The list is continuously growing.
15:00 – Sorsolás, rendezvény zárás / Giveaway, Closing
The sponsors and Csaba had some good prizes
Posts about the past VMUG conferences:
- 2017 Q2 – recap
- 2017 Q2,
- 2017 Q1 – recap, 2017 Q1,
- 2016 Q3,
- 2016 Q2,
- 2016 Q1 – recap,
- 2015 Q3 – recap,
- 2015 Q2 – recap,
- 2014 Q1 – recap